It discloses the privacy practices for the collection, processing and using data in SayEnergy Services (websites sayenergy.com, energhub.com, as well as other websites, applications, mobile applications and services provided by SayEnergy and referring to this document).
When you use SayEnergy Services as a User, you entrust us your information. This enables us to provide and improve our services promoting rational and efficient use of energy and water and environmental protection. Users privacy is very important to SayEnergy, so please read this document carefully.
Information we collect
We collect the following information:
- basic information, without personal identification (e.g. language, URLs, IP address, browser data, application IDs, system data, device, location, demographics),
- User personal data - personally identifiable information provided by User while registering User Account or using user profile management tools, and
- all other data provided by Users required to provide specific service – e.g. address, building, appliances and consumer data for energy report, search queries and params for tips, products and services, energy consumption (or/and production) data, water consumption data, user feedback, inquiries, evaluations.
We always ask only for information that is adequate for the purposes for which it will be processed.
How we use information we collect
The collected information is processed for the purpose of providing services such as:
- education, motivation and engagement of Users to increase energy efficiency and rational use energy and water,
- providing energy balance report based, among other data sources, on User and building profile information provided by User,
- providing recommendations and presenting relevant products and services that might improve energy efficiency, efficient use of water and help to protect the environment
- providing data and analysis of energy consumption and production, water consumption, based (among others) on User meter readings, systems offered by SayEnergy, systems offered by cooperating entities, distribution systems operators and resellers of these media,
- marketing of products and services related to the efficient use of energy and water, environmental protection, offered by SayEnergy and third parties - suppliers and resellers of these products and services, local and state government, and other third cooperating with SayEnergy (Partners)
Basic technical data, such as browser version, URLs, IPs, error information, debug information, transactions and operations time is also used to provide technical and administration operations for SayEnergy Services.
Information collected through cookies and other technologies (such as pixel tags, user device local storage, including browser cache) with tracking tools is used to improve User experience and the overall quality of our services.
We may combine information from one service with information, including personal information, from other SayEnergy Services.
The Administrator of the personal data
The Administrator of the personal data collected via SayEnergy Services is SayEnergy. We use technology and organizational procedures to protect collected, processed stored and shared personal data in a way that is adequate to identified risks and data categories. Data is protected against unauthorized access, processing and use for any other purpose than the owner of data agreed to, against unauthorized change, loss, damage or destruction.
Information sharing and disclosure
SayEnergy may share User data, including personal data, with its Partners solely for the purposes for which it was provided by Users and in compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
Basic information, without user identification, may be automatically collected by SayEnergy and Partners when visiting our sites using electronic tools such as cookies or pixel tags.
SayEnergy may disclose your personal information in cases required by law or if it’s required to resolve disputes, investigate problems or enforce SayEnergy Terms Of Service, or at the request from law enforcement agency, or if it is necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of SayEnergy, User, or our Partners.
Information from other sources
We may also obtain information, including personal information, about You from third parties authorized by You to share these information. Especially from external services providers, including Facebook and Google, when using their services to login to SayEnergy Services and link your SayEnergy User Account with your external services provider account, from media, products and services resellers and other SayEnergy Partners and combine these information with the information we have received from you to provide SayEnergy Services.
Change in ownership
In the event of a change in ownership due to the acquisition, merger or sale of assets to another entity, SayEnergy reserves the right to transfer all of your data, including personal information, to this entity. We will notify You of such a transfer (via posting on sayenergy.com/en/privacy or by email), allowing you to change the scope of the transferred data or resign from such transfer.
Updating, changing and removing information
As a registered User of SayEnergy Services, you can view, update, and change your personal information using 'My Profile' tool. You can also contact us and ask to delete your data.
We use a variety of security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access, alteration, or loss. Connections to our applications are encrypted with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, authorization data is stored in encrypted form, and server access is restricted to authorized personnel only. Our applications require new versions of web browsers with current security updates. Despite such efforts, we can not (nobody can) fully eliminate the risk or guarantee a 100% protection of your data. We bear no liability for unauthorized use, access or loss of your data in the event of hardware or software failure or theft.
Use by children
SayEnergy Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not collect or maintain personal information from people we actually know are under 13 years old. If we find out later that our User is under 13 years old, we will take steps to remove User’s personal information from our systems.
Other contact options are available on sayenergy.com/en/contact site.
Last modified: 2017-07-27
SayEnergy Sp. z o.o.
Ul. Nieduża 7,
02-274 Warszawa, Polska